soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Workin' for a Livin'

alternatively titled, potential career paths I have taken under consideration.

Dh and I have started watching Bounty Hunter on A&E (I think, but maybe it's Discovery or TLC or something). Between Bounty Hunter and Stephanie Plum, I think I've got this bond enforcement shit all figured out. So far, I figure I will need some handcuffs, some kevlar clothing, and a fire-extinguisher sized can of mace and/or pepper spray. Oh, and an assistant who can manage to look intimidating.

Dh says this is will never fly. God, why does he have to be so discouraging?? I'm starting to think that as he is obviously not part of the solution so maybe he's part of the problem.

Other career choices Dh has vetoed of late:

  • I love alpacas dot com
  • Private detective (am very nosy, erm curious about people, um I mean, things)
  • People Psychic
  • Pet Psychic (am also very good with animals. as long as they don't bite. or hump. or fly.)
  • Mobile Meth Lab (there is an abundance of room in the Jeep and a TV too)

But now thanks to Leery Polyp, I am hopeful that perhaps I won't need to work at all now, at least not for much longer. See, as per the Fascinating Woman I have made a few parenting, well she would say they're mistakes, but now I am seeing them as a potential financial windfall. But, I'm getting ahead of myself, let me back track a bit. See, the shit of it is that my 6 year old and my 4 year old are already well on the way to reading. At this rate, they will be smarter than me waaaaay before they're fifteen. Now, Ms. Andelin would have you believe that they're too young for jobs, but I beg to differ. As a matter of fact, I've already got the ITT Tech packets on the way. I'm definitely seeing work-from-home medical transcriptionist in both their futures (that is, when those damned adorable alpacas aren't keeping them busy), thereby earning income and saving me money on those too-fucking-high daycare/school expenses. In just a few years, I'll be living a life of leisure while they bring home the bacon. Yes, time really is on my side.

Thank you, Helen (can I call you Helen??), thank you oh so much.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home