soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Friday, February 04, 2005

For this, be thankful

My God, but 60 degree weather in February is just unheard of UNHEARD OF I TELL YOU. At least in my neck of the woods it is. It is beautiful outside. And just in case I haven't mentioned it previous, I have a hard enough time keeping my mind on my own goddamned work during normally dismal winter weather. I have no need of additional distractions, thankyouvery much. Particularly since I'm working on The Project That Stinks Worse Than Satan's Shit. And That Project makes me More Easily Distracted Than Usual.

So thusly, it has resulted in the following scintillating IMs spewing forth from my computer:

To my friend Cyn, at about 1:55, barely a half hour after returning from lunch, late like usual
Me: God, it is only 2! 2! It feels like it should at least be 2:30.
Cyn6197: I know, I know.

To my friend Cyn again, at about 2:45
Me: OMG! It is not even 3! What is it with this day!!! What?! What?
Cyn6197: I know, I hear you. It's the weather. You can't help it.

To my friend Cyn another time, at about 4:03
Me: OMG! Is 5:00 never going to get here ever? EVER? This is the slooooowweeeessstt day so far this week. Thank God the week is over. Or over soon. But not soon enough.
Cyn6197: I know, I know, you've said that before. I already told you, it's the nice weather combined with a long work week makes for a very slow Friday. We already talked about this.

As you might imagine, it's nearly 4:30 so I'm preparing to IM Cyn again, just to bitch about the time. She is such a good friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home