soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Sugar Mama

Alternatively titled, I'm in love with a younger Korean boy

This particular entry comes with a general disclaimer: cheesy motherly bragging to follow, read on at your own peril.

Okay, so I dearly love all three of my kiddos, with a passion only another infertile can understand. Most days I marvel at my good luck of having three of the best kids right in my own house. How the hell did that happen?

But, back to today's topic.

Some days (like today), I'm guilty of favoring the middle kid, N. He is such a handsome little imp, who's just full of charm and orneriness. No matter how mad at him I am, those flirty big brown eyes and one of those dimpled grins almost always gets him off the hook, regardless of what monkeyshines he's been up to. With such disciplinary tactics, I'm reasonably sure that N is doomed to spend 15 to life on the far side of a plexiglass wall & we'll only be able to talk via those phones. Well, that is, when he's not whiling away daylight time on the chain gang.

And yes, I am aware that I'm not doing him any favors by spoiling him rotten. Each day, I renew my vow to work on this little problem of mine.

However, that is easier said than done.

Lately, he's taken to calling me by the name of "Sugar Mama" whenever he's in trouble. Or whenever he wants something. Or whenever he thinks I'm in a bad mood. Actually, he pronounces it "shugga-momma", which only makes it even more damn adorable. It melts my heart. How can I be mad at a kid with such charisma?

Maybe he won't be a felon after all. Looking back over this entry, it seems more likely he'll end up a gigolo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home