soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I got yer velveeta right here, baby . . .

This just in: yet more evidence that I have adopted the cutest, sweetest, most-likely-to-be-a-very-charming-&-successful-con-man Korean boy.

N is such a little ham. I swear, I know I spoil him too much, but I just can't help myself. Another shining example of my guy's irresistible, charismatic little personality:

A, unlike her usually well-behaved self, was throwing a huge fit over something. So, up in her room, she was wailing and screaming away. I (being an exceptional parent) was ensconced on the couch, watching cartoons despite the fact that good God, she was making my head hurt. Not to sound too much like an ogre, A could've watched cartoons with us if she would've apologized for her behavior and stopped screaming (behavior that would come, grudgingly, much later).

N is unaccustomed to seeing A punished, since usually there's not a lot of call for it. N is, however, used to being the one punished--he's just too rambunctious and too ornery and too smart for his own good. Therefore, he's usually the one called on the carpet. But, not in this instance. A was mid-conniption fit, and N was snuggled up next to me on the sofa, looking up at me more than a little angelically. 'Cause it's rare for him to actually see someone else get in trouble without him being a party to it. Anyway, during this tender moment, he murmurs to me "Hmmrph. A is in trouble. Big, big trouble. Now I am the goodest, best one."

How adorable is that? Isn't he just the dickens? Couldn't you just eat him up? Nevermind that on odd-numbered days I want to sell him to the gypsies. Without a doubt, I have the three of the cutest best goodest kids.

It's my blog. I can be as cheesy as I wanna be.

For another subject entirely, I am sorely craving me some good Chinese food.

1 Comments:

  • At September 15, 2004 at 7:12 PM, Blogger RainFairy said…

    Well I stumbled across your blog via another infertile blog and immediately went back to read all of your entries. So much of what you have discussed hits home to me. I would so love to talk with you about your experience with bypass surgery, as I am coming up on mine.. maybe.. if my body hasn't played a trick on me and decided to wait till the last minute for me to get pregnant after three effing years. So much of that process and post op and post partum trials I would love to hear. If you get a chance, would love an email and the chance to know you better. Congratulations on what sounds like three wonderful, LUCKY kids!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home