soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Mi hermana is muy loca in la cabeza

My sister is crazy in the head.

This particular post really has no discernible entertainment value, to the best of my knowledge. Feel free to skip the whole damn thing, especially if you're already feeling depressed. It’s mostly just me sifting through my inner turmoil, and rather than screaming at the top of my lungs, I decided to just blog instead. My neighbors don’t even realize that they should be filled with gratitude. Alas. If anyone does manage to slog thru this mess and has constructive advice, it's much appreciated.

We come from a fairly normal fam, my three sisters and I. My middle sister, CJ and I have always been very close. CJ has also always been very close to my kids. Up until the past year, I would have called CJ one of my best friends. Now, I feel like I don’t even know her. Here is why:

I Do Not Understand Why My Sister Would Live With A Man Who:

Sleeps with other women
Does not have a job
Does not look for a job
Has 4 children that he neither a) sees or b) pays child support for
Has stolen the following items from her: new leather club chairs, two new TVs, one new computer with flat screen, stereo equipment, laptop computer, Christmas presents for her entire family. All of this loot was sold for money to feed his addiction
Has (on several occasions) taken her car, not returned for days, knowing that she uses that car to commute to work
Sits around her house drunk/high all day
Has stolen enormous sums of money from her, including but not limited to stealing rent checks out of the mailbox, altering & cashing them.
Has caused my sister to nearly be arrested for something that he did
Has ran up huge phone bills, on both her cell and land lines. She’s making payments on those, but as of right now, they’re both out of service.

Especially since my sister:
Comes from a good family, who has offered to support her in whatever way possible to help her out of this abusive relationship
Has so many good friends who have even offered to let her live with them, until the bum leaves
Has a college education
Has worked so hard for everything she has
Has a fabulous job that pays twice what I make, yet now she is always penniless

Where We Were a Close Knit Family, Now My Sister:
Did not even come to the hospital when I had C, whereas she threw coming home parties for A and N
Has visited our family 3 times in the past 9 months, sum total of time spent with family does not exceed 12 hours, whereas she used to spend entire weekends with my kids
Refuses to let us come visit her. At. All.
Does not call us. At. All.
Feels that we "lecture" her too much and when we're not "lecturing" her, we are unconsciously making her "feel guilty", hence the no calling/no visitation policy.

You see how this boggles the mind, eh? I have (mostly) said nothing, with the notable exception of Christmas, in which my sister came home bawling because Jock (let's just call him this bastardized form of his real name) had sold her television. Later we find out from CJ's best friend that Jock also sold All The Christmas Presents that she had purchased for her friends and family. Recently, she found pictures of him with another woman and an infant, looking quite cozy. These were dated within the last few months. Yet, she's hesitant to ask him who the hell these people are. Because that's "his private business". My ass, it is.

What's a girl to do? It pisses me off that, for now, I essentially have no sister. But, as a mother, it totally chaps my ass even more that she's completely cut my kids out of her life. On the other hand, I'm not sure that I want them around her at all when she's acting so fucked up. I have so many emotions--confusion, shock, grief, pissed-offedness, disbelief.

Sometimes, I don't like people so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home