soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Bad Parenting Moment #432439

Sometimes, I amaze even myself at my ability to make myself look like a jackass, just so you know.

As a little helpful background info: T is coaching A's basketball team. Also, C has been sickish this week, and so he hasn't been sleeping well, therefore I haven't been sleeping well either. So, in the evenings, it is my custom to be grouchy and irritable, now more so than usual.

Last night after the whole supper/bath rigamarole, we are all in agreement that we are tired, so for lack of funds and energy, we make the executive decision to veg out in front of the healing powers of television. T, A, and C set up camp in the living room and were watching basketball on the TV. N doesn't care to watch basketball At All, so he and I relocated ourselves into my bedroom, so he could watch Shrek 2. Now, since I have seen Shrek 2 a few times, I fell asleep. The next thing I know, A is thisclose to my face, waving back and forth, yammering on about something I couldn't understand. As I'd just fallen asleep, this sudden commotion and in my face waving, made me disoriented, confused, as well as my usual grouchy and irritable. So, as any good mother would, I let loose a string of profanity so the household would know my displeasure at this situation. And, since I’m grouchier than normal (due to aforementioned lack of sleep), I further unleashed some more mad rantings about what was going on, etc. ONLY THEN I came to my senses and realized that A wasn't waving her HAND in my face, she was waving THE PHONE in my face

And it was Turned ON

And it had a basketball parent on the other end

And it had been right in my face during my whole tirade

Oh yeah. See, my jackass-ness knows no boundaries! It is Limitless!

Because T & C had fallen asleep, A had answered the phone (something she doesn’t normally do), because she knows that C has been sick, so we've been trying to let him rest.

The poor basketball parent apologized profusely for "disturbing" me, undoubtedly thinking that I was disturbed enough already. This incident makes me laugh maniacally just typing it out. I mean, Shit! sometimes, I even surprise myself.

I'm quite sure the Chinese government had absolutely no idea this kind of thing would happen when they gave me a baby.

7 Comments:

  • At February 27, 2005 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Julianna said…

    Oh my goodness gracious! That is hysterical.

     
  • At April 8, 2005 at 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy crap, that's a freeking riot. I have a tiny tear hurling down the side of my face and my sides hurt.

    I'm very VERY surprised I've never done that.

     
  • At May 1, 2005 at 2:22 AM, Blogger KirstenM said…

    This is clearly a good indication that I should NEVER teach my son to answer the phone. Too bad he's figuring it out on his own.

    But thanks for the laugh!

     
  • At November 8, 2005 at 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi ~L,

    One of the categories in my article directory is Home & Family ... while searching for blogs on parenting, I discovered " Bad Parenting Moment #432439 ".

    We all know that the best content on the internet is created by bloggers ... unbiased first hand knowledge, experiences and opinions.

    As someone who may be interested in parenting, I believe you will find our Home & Family section to be of interest. I am always looking for bloggers to contribute articles and help me to build the directory to everyone's benefit. As a contributor, you get the recognition of having your article published and seen by thousands of web users. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

    Not all of us are gifted with the ability to write to professional standards of grammatical correctness ... as a result, many bloggers don't bother to have their articles published.

    I welcome an informal style of writing that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I also appreciate articles that are uniquely based on your individual experiences, talents and ideas. All I request is that your content does not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

    Without any obligation ... please come over and have a look at my blog articles directory for yourself.

    Best Regards
    Emily

     
  • At March 25, 2006 at 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi ~L,

    As a result of reading your blog "Bad Parenting Moment #432439", I think you will discover my site on issue parenting to be of interest.

     
  • At March 25, 2006 at 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey ~L,

    Your blog "Bad Parenting Moment #432439", leads me to believe you will find my family and parenting blog on create baby shower invitation to be worth a visit.

     
  • At May 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there, this weekend is nice in support
    of me, since this point in time i am reading this enormous educational paragraph here at my residence.


    Look into my blog post - hadu cccam plugin download

     

Post a Comment

<< Home