soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Hookey

Alternately titled: Another Good Idea Shot to Hell

Today the weather is beautiful here, plus it is Friday. So, as a result of my self-diagnosed ADD and SAD, I have thusly diagnosed myself with spring fever. A brief phone consult with T reveals that he is suffering from the same malady. Being a clever and inventive girl, I set about devising a cure. I came up with this:

I would call his work, thereby employing my acting skills by pretending to be school nurse calling in regard to sick child needing to be picked up immediately. In kind, I expected him to do the same for me. I thought this to be a brilliant plan to jumpstart an early weekend. Alas, he did not feel the same. He is firmly rooted in the belief that we should just tough work out for the next three hours. Even adding the incentive of holing up in motel room, for the purpose of our engaging in three illicit hours of wild jungle sex did nothing to change his mind. God, that man is stubborn and I swear, this is just another example of his pentecostal upbringing constantly rearing its ugly head to bite me in the ass.

Yawn.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home