soul-cystah

Locked in a power struggle with my ovaries since the early 90s.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Underappreciated

I know this scene just screams out SCARRED FOR LIFE BY INFERTILITY, but what the hell else can you expect from me.

Some co-workers and I are sitting at a popular restaurant enjoying still waiting for our lunch, when my co-worker Jane mentions that her niece will be getting married and she’s all planning one of those hip & trendy Destination Weddings in Mexico. And initially I'm all agreeing with everyone 'cause sure it sounds good on the surface, but then my mind hits a chug hole in my thought processes . . . and I say . . .

"But wait! Jane! I know ya’ll think that’s just a fabulous idea but hey! maybe not. Wait, see, your niece might not want to do that, because what if she and her husband can’t make babies so good and like then she might want to adopt internationally you know and then it’s going to be such a bitch getting a Mexican marriage license authenticated! You, like, never know! Better safe than sorry! Think about it! Think about it!"

That little speech causes the entire table to be all staring at me like I’ve gone all crazy-like for some reason. And all that staring-at-me-like-I'm-crazy makes me shut up. And that crazy part may be true, but it wouldn't be because of the aforementioned incident. 'Cause I’m telling you: it makes perfect sense to me. I can't help it if I'm giving out good advice for free and they won't take it.

I'm just sayin', is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home